As a business that consistently looks to grow and evolve, implementing new sites is second nature. However, one of our more recent client wins saw us implementing recruitment solutions for both their industrial workforce and their internal management team – at brand new logistics sites.
Building our client teams from scratch within brand new operations was a rewarding challenge. Our teams not only managed the project successfully within challenging markets, their success has led to further expansion within this client portfolio.
You can read our case study below:
In 2020 our established client in Rugby planned a pilot project of significant expansion. They invited us to tender a bespoke strategic plan, for which we supplied a full 360 recruitment solution. Due to it being a significant expansion into this part of their business UPS required both a flexible warehouse solution and also a permanent management team to be supplied.
Following an invitation from UPS to tender a bespoke strategic plan to a new customer start up, Siamo supplied a full 360 recruitment solution to a pilot project in Rugby in September 2020. Due to it being a significant expansion into this part of their business UPS required both a flexible warehouse solution and also a permanent management team to be supplied.
The expansion required a large number of new staff in one of the most competitive labour markets in the UK, at the most competitive time of the year.
How Siamo met the challenge
Siamo provided a range of recruitment solutions which included: a free bus service from Coventry, removing the barriers to entry by providing a free and convenient way for people to attend work; hosting engagement initiatives and awards; reengaging workers from neighbouring contracts; and providing for evening and weekend recruitment drives with the support of three local Siamo High Street branches and our National Recruitment Hub.
- 100% fulfilment week on week, across the peak business period, directly contributing to an Operational Excellence award for our client.
- Three new contracts won for our client, in different locations, for which they awarded Siamo the contracts for continuing sole supply.
Multiple site start-up
Siamo Group recruited three dedicated project teams for our client’s three new sites in Bolton, Dunstable and Luton. Each project team included an Implementation Manager and a Contract Manager, along with an individual site team. A senior manager was recruited exclusively for the contract.
The customer plan relied on concurrent start-ups with a three-week window for the three depots. Due to the tight handover to go live dates, there was no access to the building prior to day one, so interviews, inductions and site familiarity had to be planned remotely.
How Siamo met the challenge
An employment market analysis and strategic plan was devised for each site, a bespoke application portal was created, and we increased capacity at our Siamo National Recruitment Hub to prioritise the three new contracts. Siamo also grew our social media output within local communities, which also included countdown campaigns for each site.
- Successfully delivered three sites to peak, with concurrent start up plans, within a three-month window.
- 100% fulfilment across all sites, week on week, across the peak business period.
- Alongside the recruitment of flexible workers, a full management team recruited for each site.
- Existing Rugby operation not affected with 100% fulfilment and strong customer feedback.
- Recognised as an unmitigated success in the formal review process.
- Siamo and our client verbally agreed to continue the exclusive partnership into the next project.
We always look to work with each client and their specific needs, scaling up resource where needed and project planning to aid success in a variety of ways, for the benefits of both our business and consumer relationships.