Let’s face it this time of year can often be cold and gloomy, not exactly motivational or inspiring!
So we have rounded up some of the top productivity hacks out there to get you motivated for 2022.
1. Exercise – We know the benefits of exercise but did you know as little as 30 mins exercise a day helps maintain physical and mental wellbeing? So instead of spending breaks on your phone why not head out for a brisk 10 min walk, get off the bus a stop early to walk the rest, and choose stairs instead of the lift, it all adds up!
2. Sleep – Getting 7-8 hours of sleep a night is a vital foundation for a productive day.
3. Multitasking – We often fool ourselves into thinking that doing multiple tasks at any given time is helping us get more done but this is often not the case, instead set clear goals and take one at a time.
4. Goal setting – At the start of each day set your goals. (We recommend 3 key goals) This will enable you to focus on achieving these goals rather than getting distracted by emails and other interruptions. (ticking them off your list at the end of the day is an added bonus for satisfaction levels!
5. Distractions – Block distracting apps/websites!
With access to email, social media, and the internet at the tip of our fingers any time of the day or night we are far too connected to a world of distractions. Try to have periods of time away from your device or block apps and sites that are just too tempting to check. This will give you the space and clarity to focus on the task at hand.
6. Create shared goals – Having a shared goal increases our accountability and therefore productivity and motivation.
7. Manage your time – Helping colleagues and accepting additional tasks is part of working as a team, however managing what you take on is important to meeting deadlines and completing your own work effectively, don’t be afraid to say “no”.
8. The two-minute rule – Do you have a task that keeps falling to the bottom of the list and gets added to tomorrow’s to-do’s only to never be removed? Ask yourself can I do this task in two minutes? If the answer is yes, do it immediately, if not add it to your top goals for the day. Either way, this technique will ensure it gets done!
9. Wake up early – Make sure you are getting up well ahead of your start time, nothing makes us feel out of control of the day like a late wake-up and rushing into work. Getting up earlier gives us time to spend preparing for the day and even getting some of that exercise in!
10. Take time to understand the why? – You spend a lot of time at work it is important to understand why we are doing the jobs that we are, and how they benefit our lives and wellbeing. Even noting what we have achieved at the end of each day can help us feel accomplished and motivated to do a good job.